This amazing little wine bar near my house makes the best version of this dish I have ever had. Their peaches are always super sweet, and their burrata is insanely fresh. Unfortunately, it’s also a pricier appitizer. Seriously, a peach is less than a dollar yet this is almost $20 on the menu? PUH-lease.
The penny pincher in me teamed up with my chef side and I attempted to recreate this dish and it came out so good, was super quick to make and cost less than $7 total. Pair it with a nice summer white like the Viognier mentioned here and get ready to wow your dinner guests.
Burrata– usually comes prepackaged so 1 or 2 containers (I mean it’s cheese, is there ever enough?)
2 tbsp. of butter (I prefer salted to add some taste, but unsalted is healther..)
- Heat up grill or cast-iron grill pan. I had originally planned to make this completely on the grill, but since we have a super basic charcoal grill, the grate slats area bit wider, I opted for the version that would result in less peach loss.
- Chop up peaches so they are half moon shaped. I prefer thiner slices (about 16 wedges per peach), but my guests actually preferred thicker (about 8 slices per peach)- chefs call!
- Melt butter in a bowl and brush onto the sliced peaches.
- Grilled on high for 3-4 minutes per side or until charred with grilled lines.
- Let cool, plate peaches and burrata. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
*adding basil or another herb to the burrata and peach mix gives it an extra burst of flavor
Try making this and send me pictures because it’s honestly the most beautiful (&appetizing) dish I have ever served!